The Capitol Insider Blog
The Capitol Insider is the official blog of The Arc’s public policy office.
Online Community Guidelines
We’re really glad you’re here. We’re even happier that you want to share your thoughts and concerns with us, and the rest of our community. Before you do, please keep these simple guidelines in mind:
- Respect each other. This may be an online venue, but we’re all equals no matter where we share our thoughts and opinions.
- Keep your comments focused and on topic, according to each post. This helps facilitate the best, most productive conversations. If you have bigger ideas, send us an email or give us a ring. We’re happy to hear from you.
- Be hateful. Disagreements can lead to great progress. However, insulting individuals will not be tolerated. Comments that use obscenities, personal insults, ethnic slurs or other disparaging language will be removed.
- Think we’re responsible for the content of other websites. We cannot control the content of sites that we may link to or sites that may link to us. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Arc. In addition, The Arc is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of every website that requests personal information from you.
- Forget to have fun. We like that.
Our Bottom Line
We reserve the right to make editorial decisions regarding submitted comments, including but not limited to removal of comments. All comments are being moderated. They will be reviewed and posted as quickly as possible during regular business hours (Mon – Fri 8:30a – 5:30p). Thanks for your patience, for reading, and of course, for participating.
Comments on all new posts are open for 30 days. We close comments on posts after 30 days to help the conversation stay focused and to keep the maintenance on our blog a bit easier.