Healthy Relationship and Sexuality Education Resource Information:
The Arc of King County received grant to provide healthy relationship and sexuality education to students with I/DD as well as staff a Resource Line for individuals with disabilities, their families, and community to ask questions, find resources, and develop strategies that promote healthy and safe interpersonal relationships including intimate relationships. You can contact our "Relationships & Sexuality Resource Line" at 206.829.7059 any time.
- FLASH Comprehensive sexual health education curriculum from King County-FLASH is a widely used comprehensive sexual health education curriculum developed by Public Health - Seattle & King County and designed to prevent teen pregnancy, STDs, and sexual violence. FLASH is available for elementary, middle, high school and special education classrooms.
- The foundation of our program is built from the curriculum developed by Theresa Fears, MSW at The Arc of Spokane titled "Healthy Relationships Workbook". Theresa is VERY giving with her knowledge and resources!
Puberty: Special Needs May Complicate Things (Island P2P February 2018)
Sexuality and DD Talking with Your Kids: Developmental Disability and Sexuality Online Courses with Katherine McLaughlin
- We Understand the Challenges of Addressing Sexuality with People with Developmental Disabilities.
- Learn the skills you need to teach the people you care about, work with, or live with about sexuality education.
- We have online training, curriculum, and live workshops to help staff, educators, direct support professionals navigate the topic of sexuality.