¿Hablas Español? Para informacion y recomendaciones, llama al tu condado abajo:
Maria Villarreal: (509) 783-1131, ext. 108
Tanya English: (360) 823-2247 ext. 103
Anna Alvarez: (509) 346-5523
Liz Sarmiento: (253) 565-2266
Fabiola Solis: (360) 416-7570, ext. 3999
Mely Cervantes: (425) 258-2459 ext. 114
Spanish Language Line: (360) 352-1126
Walla Walla/Columbia/Garfield/Asotin Counties
Ysabel Fuentes: (509) 301-0679
Martia Mejia: (360) 715-0170 ext 308
Maria Pulido: (509) 574-3263
King County Ethnic Outreach Coordinators - Additional Communities:
King County Seattle Children's
Cultural Diversity Links
- Access for Autistic Youth from the American Cultural Exchange: Information in English, Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, Russian, Chinese, Arabic and Somali. Much of the information is focused onKing County, but has good Washington State and national resource lists as well. Phone: 1-800-328-8476 or 206- 217-9644.
- Autism Speaks - Manual De Los 100 Dias: Created for families with children age 4 and younger to help them through the first 100 days after an autism diagnosis
- CHADD Spanish
- Community Profiles - Cross Cultural Health Care Programs: Scroll down to download these profiles (pdf): Arab, Cambodian, Eritrean, Ethiopian, Lao, Mien, Oromo, Samoan, Somali, South Asian, Soviet Jewish and Ukrainian.
- Considering Culture in Autism Screening Products
- Culture Clues are tip sheets for clinicians designed to increase awareness about concepts and preferences of patients from the diverse cultures served by the University of Washington Medical Center.
- Cultural Profiles
- Cultural Values of Latino Patients and Families / Dimensions of Culture
- Culture Specific Pages - Ethnomed
- Empathy from Dr. Brene Brown: Spanish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D1KgjvaZgM English https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Evwgu369Jw
- Engaging Culturally Diverse Families for Student Success
- Got Transition (Spanish)
- Hablamos Juntos (Spanish for “We Speak Together”) is a project funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and administered by UCSF Fresno Center for Medical Education & Research for the purpose of developing affordable models for language access. The Spanish language version of the birth-to-three parent-child activity materials are now available for downloading on the Washington Learning Systems website.
- Healthcare411in Spanish - A new audio news series that provides Spanish speakers with evidence-based consumer information including how to obtain high quality, safe healthcare. Access Healthcare411 in English.
- Healthfinder.gov: A Spanish-language website that helps consumers track down reliable health information quickly and easily on the Internet.
- Informing Families: Information and Resources for families supporting real lives across the life course (Translation to Spanish)
- La Mente Es Maravillosa - Articles about human nature, spiritual growth & intellectual development (blog)
- La Única - Spanish instruction and travel center in Tacoma. Classes in communicating with Spanish speaking students and their parents available.
- Manual De Cuerpos Sanos - Healthy Body Toolkit for Girls and Boys from the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
- Multicultural Health - A Guide for Health Professionals: From Queensland Health
- National Center for Ease of Use of Community-Based Services Spanish
- National Research Center on Hispanic Children and Families
- National Researched-based Practice Guides & Tools - Working with Culturally Diverse Families - PACER Center
- Padres a Padres del Condado de Whatcom-Programas de Apoyo
- Snohomish Parent to Parent Spanish brochure
- Tools That Empower Spanish-Speaking Parents - From the Center for Parent Information and Resources
- Transition in Spanish (Children's Village-Yakima)
- Translated Publications offered by PACER (Hmong, Somali, Spanish)
- Understood.org - English and Spanish resource. Information about the school system in Special Education, stories from parents and students and much more. Easy to understand and navigate. How we can be a good advocate for our children using the same language as the professionals use.
- WA Office of the Education Ombuds
Brochures in (Spanish) Español
- The Arc of Washington State brochure
- Action Network brochure
- Advocacy Partnership Project 2019 brochure
- Being an Effective Advocate 2018 brochure
- Facts About the Five Home & Community Based Waiver Programs booklet
- Federal Benefits and State Services booklet
- Guardianship: Frequently Asked Questions booklet
- Hot Tips for Legislative Advocates booklet
- Invest in Life: Growing Your Options (Endowment Trust Fund summary page)
- Keys for a Successful Advocacy Day 2019 brochure
- Representing Yourself at a Fair Hearing (available in multiple languages) outside link
- The History of State and National Activities, Events and Policies Impacting People with Developmental Disabilities booklet
- What's Next? A Vision of the Future booklet
- Your Idea Can Be a State Law brochure