Parent to Parent (P2P) documents
The following are documents for Washington State P2P Coordinators.
P2P Coordinator Manual
Appendix A - Sample Forms, Tips, & Guides
- Survey Forms
- Evaluation Forms & Questionnaires
- Example: Coordinator Job Announcement/Description
- Phone Logs and Intake Forms
- Guide For Running A Support Group - Parent to Parent of Pennsylvania
- Tips for Parent Participation and IEPs (Individual Education Plan)
- Guides & Forms for Family Advisors - Seattle Children's
- The Language of Disability: People First
P2P Helping Parent (HP) Training Manual
Appendix A - Other Training Materials
- Sample Training Agendas & Flyers, pt. 1
- Sample Training Agendas & Flyers, pt. 2
- Circles of Support; Belonging, & Information on Facilitation
- New Horizons, Acceptance, & Adaptation
- Kaleidoscope Wheel: A Useful Strategy for Change
- Sample Online Training Evaluation Form: Pennsylvania
P2P Helping Parent (HP) Manual - in Spanish
(Compiled by P2P Yakima County)
Parent to Parent Contact List
See links to the right
About Parent to Parent /Ethnic Outreach
See links to the right
Parent to Parent Disability Information & Resource Brochure
See link to the right
Epilepsia en Washington
a DVD produced through a Washington State Department of Health Epilepsy grant and with a collaboration with CSHCN and P2P showing parents talking about the struggles they face. If you need copies of the DVD or have questions, click here to email Lorraine Van Brunt, Family Involvement Coordinator.
Overview of Washington State P2P Programs - This presentation was given by Susan Atkins at the P2P USA Directors Leadership Institute in September, 2013.
Using Social Media to Facilitate Peer Support - This presentation was given by Cathy Murahashi in a webinar on November 19, 2013.
- County Child Health Notes Newsletter on ACES (DRAFT)
- Five Protective Factors - By Strengthening Families
- Getting to Green: Possible Regulation and Stress Response Correlates of Interpersonal Modes Across the Lifecycle
- MCH Performance Measure Map - 2013
- Resilience - Developed by Greg Schell, Director of WSFN
- Traits that Promote or Lessen Resilience - Stress Solutions, 2003
Mindfulness & Meditation Resources - Thanks to Kate Orville for this info. The Leveys introduce readers to dozens of mindfullness and meditation techniques, skillfully organized into five categories of practice, making Mindfullness, Meditation, and Mind Fitness a very comprehensive and easy-to-use resource for inner exploration and transformation.
- Wisdom at Work - YouTube Channel for Dr. Joel & Michelle Levey
- "Resilience Through Complexity" - Dr. Joel & Michelle Levey's Keynote Speech
- Active Listening Activities - to accompany Skagit P2P HP "Communication" section
Links to various video clips that were a part of this presentation:
- WA Parent to Parent Video series on YouTube
- Brene Brown's "Empathy vs. Sympathy"
- "Welcome to Holland" poem by Emily Perl Kingsley as performed by Ron Silcock
- "Welcome to Holland" poem by Emily Perl Kingsley (with nice visuals and background music)
- 'Sunshine After the Storm" how P2P can help by Rachel Nemhauser
There are many different visualizations on YouTube for "Welcome to Holland". This is just a sample of what's available.
- Delta Gamma Helping Parent Clip: Phone Scenario 1: "What Not To Do" (Scroll through various video clips on this page to find it)
“Welcome to Vegas”, by Tracie Hoppis parent from Yakima-"When Andy was diagnosed with Autism, our lives were anything but serene and peaceful. Sleepless nights, wild tantrums and marathon meltdowns, food phobias, restrictive and repetitive behaviors, invisible “triggers”, and daily sensory overload. I think our lives more closely resembled Las Vegas! "
Finally, Karlene Umbaugh of Whatcom P2P uses mini containers of Playdough as a hands on activity during her training. She sets these out on the table and asks that each participant shape the Playdough into an animal that best represents themselves. Toward the end of the training she allows time for each participant to explain their animal. This offers insight about that participant for her to keep in mind when making a match.
If you have questions about the above Skagit or Whatcom County materials, please contact them directly. Click here for their contact information.
Go To Meetings, Coordinator Trainings and Webinars
NOTES: Coordinators Training Go to Meeting February 8, 2017 facilitated by Susan Atkins
Evaluation Tools from:
Yakima in English (in Spanish), Thurston, King (# 1 Event Evaluation - # 2 Helping Parent Training Evaluation - # 3 Feedback Monkey Survey - # 4 June Survey Results - # 5 Support Group Evaluation)
Conference Call Notes
Article: "Life After High School, ten skills to teach your child" by Diane Adreon, M.A.
From Pennsylvania P2P: The Importance of and Tips on Matching
Personal Style Inventory - Source: David Merrill & Roger Reid, Personal Styles and Effective Performance
New IFS Waiver DDA documents
Peer Mentoring Waiver Service DDA written by State P2P Coordinator Susan Atkins
Watch and listen until the second gentleman (Autism Blogcast with Jim and Raphe) begins speaking and you will hear a great shout out to P2P programs statewide at http://theautismblog.seattlechildresns.org/6632-2/